Cancun, a paradise in the Mexican Caribbean
Cancun is one of the main tourist destinations in Mexico, internationally recognized for its beaches, gastronomy, activities and Mayan historical remains.
It is located in the Mexican Caribbean, and its name means "Nest of Serpents" in the Mayan language. Most of the year it has an excellent climate, it is a place rich in all aspects, where nightlife is common, with a spectacular hotel zone, wonderful beaches, great restaurants and archaeological sites with great history.
The gastronomy of Cancun is very rich and varied, the traditional dishes are tikin-chik, cochinita pibil, or seafood soup, lobster in butter sauce and squid.
Places to visit in Cancun
One of its main points to visit are the beaches, Playa Delfines and Chemuyil, distinguished by white sand and turquoise waters.
Another of the favorite activities for tourism is diving in the reefs, and Playa Mosquito and Punta Nizuc are ideal for admiring the beauty.
For its part, the Nichupté Lagoon offers us a magical postcard, full of mangroves and greenish waters. Here you can take a boat ride.
Museums and Monuments in Cancun
The Archaeological Museum. Enclosure that houses a collection of pre-Hispanic pieces belonging to the most relevant archaeological sites on the eastern coast such as El Rey, Tulum, Cobá, Kohunlich, Xcaret, El Meco and Xel-Há.
- Xcaret. Of the most famous places, Xcaret allows you to carry out various activities such as visiting the museum, swimming in underground rivers, visiting the aviary, the aquarium, among many others.
- Xel-Ha. A spectacular site, the largest natural aquarium in the world.
- Xplor. If you like adrenaline, Xplor is the best option with the impressive zip lines. the longest zip lines.
- Cenotes. A natural wonder that invites you to swim, dive and admire the marine fauna.
- Kabah Ecological Park. The protection of the endemic species of Cancun, some of them in danger of extinction.