The most famous exotic food restaurants in New York
Discover which are the most visited exotic food restaurants in New York, where you can enjoy a delicious banquet.
The most famous exotic food restaurants in New York
New York is known for being a very diverse and multicultural city, and this is reflected in its varied gastronomic offer. Here I present some of the most famous exotic food restaurants in the city:
- Casa Enrique - Located in Long Island City, this Mexican restaurant has been awarded a Michelin star. It specializes in food from Oaxaca, such as tamales de mole negro and tacos de cecina.
- Mission Chinese Food - This restaurant offers a fusion of Chinese and American cuisine. With two locations in New York, on the Lower East Side and in Brooklyn, highlights include dishes like honey chili fried chicken and crab fried rice.
- Xi'an Famous Foods - This restaurant is known for its Chinese food from the Shaanxi province in northern China. The famous "liangpi noodles" and lamb "burgers" stand out.
- Awash - This Ethiopian restaurant has two locations in the city, in the East Village and in Brooklyn. Food is served on injera, a traditional Ethiopian flatbread, and dishes include braised meats, vegetables, and chutneys.
- Jungsik - This Korean restaurant in the Tribeca neighborhood offers a unique dining experience with modern and creative dishes that incorporate traditional Korean ingredients. Dishes such as the beef "galbi" and the truffle "bibimbap" stand out.
- Le Coucou - This French restaurant in SoHo is famous for its haute French cuisine and for being one of the most elegant restaurants in the city. Dishes such as duck with orange and chocolate soufflé stand out.
- Russ & Daughters - This historic Jewish joint on the Lower East Side is known for its bagels, rye rolls and smoked salmon. Founded in 1914, it is one of the oldest venues in New York.
These are just some of the many exotic food restaurants you can find in New York. Enjoy!
Specialties and characteristics of Casa Enrique
Casa Enrique is a Mexican restaurant located in Long Island City, Queens that specializes in the cuisine of Oaxaca, a region of southern Mexico known for its rich culinary heritage.
Among the specialties of Casa Enrique, the following dishes stand out:
- Black Mole Tamales: Tamales filled with chicken and wrapped in corn husks, steamed and served with a black mole sauce, a thick and flavorful sauce made with chili peppers, chocolate and spices.
- Mole enchiladas: Tortillas stuffed with shredded chicken, bathed in a mole sauce and served with rice and beans.
- Chiles rellenos: Poblano chiles stuffed with Oaxaca cheese and bathed in a tomato and herb sauce.
- Cecina Tacos: Corn tortillas filled with cecina, a dry and salty meat similar to ham, and accompanied by onion, cilantro and salsa.
- Mezcal: In addition to its excellent food, Casa Enrique is known for its wide selection of mezcals, a distilled agave drink similar to tequila, but with a smokier, more complex flavor.
Among the features that make Casa Enrique stand out are:
- Authenticity: Chef and owner, Cosme Aguilar, is originally from Oaxaca and has brought the authentic cuisine of his home region to New York.
- Quality of Ingredients: Casa Enrique uses fresh, high-quality ingredients, many of them imported directly from Mexico.
- Cozy Atmosphere: The restaurant has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, with simple yet elegant decor that reflects the chef's Mexican heritage.
In short, Casa Enrique is an ideal place for those looking for an authentic Mexican culinary experience, especially from the Oaxaca region, in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Characteristic specialties and location of Mission Chinese Food
Mission Chinese Food is a restaurant that specializes in a unique fusion of Chinese and American cuisine. Here I present some of its specialties and characteristics, as well as its location in New York:
- Chongqing Chicken Wings: deep-fried chicken wings seasoned with a mix of hot chili peppers, chili peppers, and spices.
- Mapo Tofu: a dish of mild and spicy tofu with chili sauce and minced pork.
- Kung Pao Pastrami ? A Chinese take on a classic Jewish food dish, with salty and spiced pastrami meat, peanuts, chili peppers and onions.
- Dan Dan Noodles: Stir-fried wheat noodles with sesame, chili and garlic sauce.
- Szechuan Lamb Noodle Soup - A hearty soup with rice noodles, tender and spicy lamb, in a flavorful and aromatic broth.
- Informal atmosphere: The restaurant has a casual and relaxed atmosphere, with an eclectic and colorful decoration.
- Mix of Cultures: The food is a fusion of Chinese and American cuisine, with surprising and creative dishes that combine ingredients and techniques from both culinary cultures.
- Bold Flavors: Mission Chinese Food's food is known for its strong and bold flavors, with hot chilies, chilies and spices creating a taste explosion on the palate.
Mission Chinese Food has two locations in New York City. One on the Lower East Side at 154 Orchard St, and the other in Brooklyn at 599 Johnson Ave. Both locations have a casual, friendly atmosphere and offer a unique dining experience that blends Chinese tradition with American creativity.
Specialties, characteristics and location of Xi'an Famous Foods
Xi'an Famous Foods is a restaurant that specializes in the cuisine of the Shaanxi province in northwest China. Below are some of their specialties and features, as well as their location in New York:
- Hand-Pulled Noodles: Hand-pulled noodles that are served in a soup or stir-fried with different meats and vegetables. The noodles are thick and chewy, and have a unique flavor thanks to the blend of spices.
- Roujiamo ? A Chinese sandwich made with flatbread and shredded meat (usually pork). The meat is cooked in a rich, spicy sauce before being placed on the bread.
- Liangpi: a cold salad of gluten-free wheat noodles and seitan cubes, bathed in a chili vinegar sauce.
- Spicy Lamb Noodle Soup - A hearty soup with wheat noodles, tender and spicy lamb, and vegetables.
- Dumplings: Xi'an Famous Foods dumplings are small, with thin dough, and filled with different meats and vegetables, such as beef, pork, onion, ginger, and coriander.
- Bold Flavors: Xi'an Famous Foods is known for its bold and spicy flavors. The blend of spices and herbs creates a unique and addictive flavor.
- Fast Casual Cuisine: Xi'an Famous Foods restaurants are casual and designed for quick service. Most of the dishes can be ordered to go.
- Authenticity: Food is prepared according to traditional Shaanxi recipes, using fresh and authentic ingredients.
Xi'an Famous Foods has multiple locations in New York City, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens. Each location has a casual and relaxed atmosphere, and offers an authentic and affordable dining experience. Restaurants are also open late, making them a popular spot for a late dinner or post-party snack.
Specialties, characteristics and location of Awash
Awash is an Ethiopian restaurant that specializes in traditional Ethiopian food. Below are some of its specialties and features, as well as its location in New York:
Injera is a fluffy flatbread that is served with most dishes in Awash. It is made from a fermented teff flour, a plant native to Ethiopia, and is used to scoop up and eat the various stews and sauces.
- Tibs: A dish of beef, lamb, or chicken sautéed with onion, garlic, and spices, such as berbere, a hot spice mix.
- Doro Wat: A spicy chicken stew made with a sauce of onion, garlic, ginger and berbere.
- Kitfo: raw, finely chopped beef seasoned with hot spices and served with cottage cheese.
- Vegetarian Combo - A selection of vegetarian dishes including lentils, spinach and stir-fried vegetables.
- Shared Eating ? Most dishes are served on a large platter and shared by all diners at the table, making dining a social and communal experience.
- Authenticity: Awash prides itself on offering authentic Ethiopian food, using imported Ethiopian ingredients and cooking according to the country's culinary traditions.
- Ethiopian Decor: The restaurant is decorated with Ethiopian artifacts and textiles, creating a cozy and authentic atmosphere.
Awash has multiple locations in New York, including Manhattan and Brooklyn. Each location has a casual and welcoming atmosphere, with unique and authentic décor. The service is friendly and attentive, and the restaurant is popular with lovers of Ethiopian food and those looking for a unique and authentic dining experience.
Specialties, characteristics and location of Jungsik
Jungsik is a fine dining restaurant specializing in modern Korean cuisine. Below are some of its specialties and features, as well as its location in New York:
- Ganjang Gejang: It is a crab dish fermented in soy sauce and spices, served with rice and other accompaniments.
- Galbi: Beef short ribs marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and other seasonings, and grilled.
- Japchae: a stir-fried sweet potato noodle dish with vegetables, meat, and mushrooms.
- Ssam: it is a dish of roasted meat or fish that is eaten rolled in lettuce or perilla leaves with different sauces and garnishes.
- Haemul Sundubu ? A spicy soft tofu stew with seafood, such as shrimp and clams.
- Korean Fusion: Jungsik offers a modern and sophisticated take on Korean cuisine, blending Korean ingredients and cooking techniques with haute cuisine techniques and flavors.
- Stylish Decor: The restaurant has a sleek and modern décor, with design details inspired by Korean culture.
- Tasting Menu: Jungsik offers a tasting menu that includes various Korean haute cuisine dishes, allowing diners to sample a wide variety of flavors and textures.
Jungsik is located in the TriBeCa neighborhood of Manhattan, New York. The restaurant has an elegant and sophisticated atmosphere and is a popular venue for special dinners, celebrations and special occasions. The service is friendly and professional, and diners can enjoy a unique and sophisticated dining experience that blends Korean culinary tradition with modern techniques and flavors.
Specialties, characteristics and location of Le Coucou
Le Coucou is a fine dining French restaurant offering a sophisticated and elegant dining experience. Below are some of its specialties and features, as well as its location in New York:
- Pâté en Croûte: a meatloaf made with a mixture of pork and beef, wrapped in dough and baked.
- Coquilles St. Jacques: scallops cooked in butter and white wine, served with a creamy mushroom sauce.
- Lapin à la Moutarde: a dish of rabbit cooked in a mustard and white wine sauce, served with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
- Tournedos Rossini: beef fillet cooked to perfection and served with foie gras and truffle sauce.
- Souffle au Grand Marnier: A classic French dessert made with a blend of souffle and Grand Marnier liqueur.
- Classic Elegance: Le Coucou offers a classic and elegant dining experience, with design details inspired by 18th century France.
- Haute Cuisine: The restaurant features a haute cuisine menu that uses fresh, high-quality ingredients to create sophisticated and elegant dishes.
- Cozy atmosphere: Despite its elegance, the restaurant has a cozy and warm atmosphere, with soft lighting and carefully selected decorative details.
Le Coucou is located in the SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan, New York. The restaurant is located in a historic building with impressive architecture, making it a popular destination for special dinners and special occasions. The service is friendly and professional, and diners can enjoy a unique and sophisticated dining experience that combines French culinary tradition with modern techniques and flavors.
Specialties, characteristics and location of Russ & Daughters
Russ & Daughters is a New York grocery store and deli that specializes in traditional Jewish foods. Below are some of its specialties and features, as well as its location in New York:
- Bagels: Russ & Daughters' bagels are known to be some of the best in town, made by hand and baked in a wood-fired oven.
- Smoked Fish ? The store offers a wide variety of smoked fish, including salmon, trout, sturgeon, and eel.
- Caviar: Russ & Daughters is also known for its selection of caviar, which includes imported varieties from Russia and the Caspian Sea.
- Latkes: Latkes are traditional fried potato pancakes in Jewish cuisine, served with sour cream and apple sauce.
- Matzah Ball Soup ? A traditional Jewish chicken soup with matzah balls, which are unleavened cookies made from matzah meal.
- Family Tradition: Russ & Daughters is a family business that has been in business since 1914, and continues to be a gathering place for New York's Jewish community.
- Quality: The shop prides itself on high-quality food and produces many of its own products, including smoked fish and caviar.
Classic atmosphere: the store has a classic and timeless decoration.