The most extraordinary places to visit in Japan
Japan is a charming place to visit, learn about its culture, customs and beautiful traditions, discover the most visited tourist sites in Japan
The most extraordinary places to visit in Japan
Japan is a fascinating country full of extraordinary places to see. Here is a list of some of the most prominent places to visit in Japan:
- Tokyo: The capital of Japan is a vibrant and exciting city with a mix of tradition and modernity. Visit the famous Tsukiji market, the Imperial Palace, the Shinjuku neighborhood and the Senso-ji temple in Asakusa.
- Kyoto: The ancient capital of Japan is a must-see for any traveler interested in Japanese culture and history. Kyoto is packed with ancient temples and shrines, including Kiyomizu-dera Temple and Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine.
- Hiroshima: The city of Hiroshima is known for being the site of the first atomic bomb dropped during World War II. The city has a moving and moving Peace Museum, plus other sights including Hiroshima Castle and the Peace Memorial Park.
- Hokkaido: The island of Hokkaido is the second largest island in Japan and is famous for its natural beauty. The region has several national parks, such as Shiretoko National Park and Daisetsuzan National Park, as well as picturesque cities such as Sapporo.
- Nara: The city of Nara was the first capital of Japan and is famous for its many temples and shrines, including the Great Buddha of Nara at Todai-ji Temple. It is also a popular place to see wild deer that roam the parks and streets.
- Okinawa: Okinawa Prefecture is located in the southern part of Japan and consists of numerous islands. The region boasts white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, and is home to the Ryukyu culture.
- Mount Fuji: Mount Fuji is the highest peak in Japan and is considered sacred by the Japanese. The mountain is popular for climbing during the summer, and there are several spots around Lake Kawaguchi where you can take stunning pictures of Mount Fuji.
These are just some of the most extraordinary places to visit in Japan. There is so much more to explore in this beautiful country, and each region offers its own unique blend of culture, history, and natural beauty.
What can we know in Tokyo?
There are many interesting things to see and do in Tokyo! Here are some of the most popular tourist attractions in Tokyo:
- Senso-ji Temple: It is the oldest Buddhist temple in Tokyo and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city. The temple is famous for its Kaminarimon gatehouse, large lantern, and Nakamise shopping street.
- The Imperial Palace: It is the official residence of the Emperor of Japan and is located in the center of Tokyo. The palace gardens are open to the public and it is possible to take a guided tour inside the palace.
- Shibuya: It is one of the most popular districts of Tokyo and is known for its famous pedestrian crossing, the Shibuya crossing. It also has plenty of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- Shinjuku: It is a very popular business and entertainment district in Tokyo, and it has the Tokyo Government Building, where you can see impressive panoramic views of the city from its free observation deck.
- The Harajuku neighborhood: It is known for its quirky fashion shops, themed cafes, and for being home to Takeshita-dori Street, a street lined with shops and restaurants popular with young people.
- Tsukiji Market: It is the largest and most famous fish market in Tokyo, where you can try fresh food dishes, including sushi and seafood.
- Ueno Park: It is one of the largest and oldest parks in Tokyo and has several museums, temples and shrines, as well as being a popular place to see the cherry blossoms during spring.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Tokyo. The city has a large number of tourist attractions and a unique culture that is worth exploring.
What can we know in Kyoto?
Kyoto is a city full of culture and history, and there are many interesting tourist attractions to visit. Here are some of the things you can do in Kyoto:
Kiyomizu-dera Temple: It is one of the most famous temples in Kyoto and is known for its wooden structure that extends over a cliff. It offers stunning panoramic views of the city and is a popular spot to view the cherry blossoms during spring and fall colors.
- Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine: One of the most famous Shinto shrines in Japan, it is known for its thousands of orange torii gates that lead to the top of the mountain. The sanctuary is famous for its mystical and spiritual atmosphere.
- Kinkaku-ji Temple: It is known as the "Golden Pavilion" and is one of the most popular tourist sites in Kyoto. The temple has a pavilion covered in gold leaf and surrounded by a beautiful Japanese garden.
- The Gion Neighborhood: It is known for being the home of geishas and maikos (geisha apprentices), and for its streets full of traditional teahouses and haute cuisine restaurants. It is a popular place to see the geishas in their traditional attire.
- Nijo Castle: It is a historical castle that was built in the 17th century as the residence of the shogun. The castle is famous for its impressive architecture and beautiful gardens.
- To-ji Temple: It is a Buddhist temple that has the tallest wooden tower in Japan. The temple is famous for its monthly flea market and its impressive architecture.
These are just a few of the many interesting places to visit in Kyoto. The city is rich in culture and history, and its beautiful temples, shrines, gardens, and streets are well worth taking time to explore.
What can we know in Hiroshima?
Hiroshima is a city with a moving history and is known for the devastating atomic attack it suffered in 1945 during World War II. However, the city has recovered and is now a popular tourist destination offering many interesting attractions. Here are some of the things you can do in Hiroshima:
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park: It is a park built in memory of the victims of the atomic bomb that fell on the city in 1945. The park has several attractions, such as the Atomic Bomb Dome, the Peace Monument and the Peace Memorial Museum.
- Miyajima Island: It is a sacred island and one of the most popular tourist destinations in Hiroshima. The island is known for its beautiful floating torii in the sea, Itsukushima Shrine, and Mount Misen, from where you can enjoy beautiful panoramic views.
- The Hiroshima Museum of Art: It is one of the largest museums in Japan and has an impressive collection of Japanese and Western art.
- Hiroshima Castle: It is a historic castle that was built in the 16th century and offers impressive views of the city. The castle has been rebuilt and now has a museum inside.
- Hondori Market: It is a covered market and a popular shopping street in the center of Hiroshima. Here you can find a wide variety of shops, restaurants and bars.
- The Mitaki Shrine: It is a Shinto sanctuary that is located on top of a hill surrounded by forests and waterfalls. It is a quiet and beautiful place to relax and enjoy nature.
These are just a few of the many interesting places to visit in Hiroshima. The city is rich in history and culture, offering a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
What can we know in Hokkaido?
Hokkaido is the largest island in Japan and is known for its natural beauty and delicious food. Here are some of the things you can do in Hokkaido:
- Shiretoko National Park: It is a national park located on the Shiretoko peninsula, in the extreme northeast of Hokkaido. It is a stunning place with mountains, forests, lakes, and waterfalls, and is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including brown bears and sea eagles.
- The City of Sapporo: It is the largest city in Hokkaido and is known for its famous snow festival, which is held in February. The city also has a beautiful central park, Odori Park, and the Sapporo Beer Museum.
- Lake Toya: It is a volcanic lake that is located in the southwestern part of Hokkaido. It is a popular place to enjoy water sports, such as kayaking and paddle boarding, and also offers beautiful views of Mount Usu.
- Otaru City: It is a port city located northwest of Sapporo, and is known for its historic canals and beautiful views of the Sea of ??Japan. The city is also famous for its glass industry and for its delicious fresh seafood.
- Daisetsuzan National Park: It is the largest national park in Japan and is located in the center of Hokkaido. It is an impressive place with mountains, lakes and waterfalls, and is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna.
- Hakodate Seafood Market: It is a seafood market located in the city of Hakodate, in the southern part of Hokkaido. It is a popular place to try fresh Hokkaido seafood such as snow crab and salmon.
These are just a few of the many interesting places to visit in Hokkaido. The island offers a wide variety of outdoor activities, beautiful natural views and delicious food.
What can we meet in Nara?
Nara is a historical city and one of the oldest cities in Japan. It was the country's capital in the 8th century and is famous for its temples and parks that are home to some of Japan's oldest and most impressive monuments. Here are some things you can see in Nara:
- Nara Park: It is a large and beautiful park located in the center of the city. It is famous for its wild deer that roam freely in the park, and for the temples and shrines found within.
- Todai-ji Temple: It is one of the most famous Buddhist temples in Japan and home to one of the largest Buddha statues in the world. The main building of the temple, called the Daibutsuden, is the largest wooden building in the world.
- The Kasuga-taisha Shrine: It is a Shinto shrine that is located on the edge of Nara Park. The shrine is famous for its thousands of stone and bronze lanterns, and is an impressive place to visit during the twice-yearly Kasuga Lantern Festival.
- Kofuku-ji Temple: It is a Buddhist temple that was founded in the 8th century. The temple has several important structures, such as the Five-Storied Pagoda and the Central Treasury Hall.
- The Nara National Museum: It is a museum that houses an impressive collection of historical artifacts from Nara and Japan. Notable works of art include Buddha statues and other religious objects, as well as historical artifacts and artwork from the Nara period.
- Horyu-ji Temple: It is one of the oldest Buddhist temples in Japan and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The temple features several ancient structures, such as the Five-Story Pagoda and the Treasury Room, which houses an impressive collection of historical artifacts.
These are just some of the many interesting things you can see in Nara. The city offers a wealth of history and culture and is a stunning place to visit at any time of the year.
What can we know in Okinawa?
Okinawa is a beautiful tropical island in the south of Japan, which offers a lot of activities and interesting places to see. Here are some suggestions of things you can do and places you can visit in Okinawa:
- Shuri Castle: It is a Ryukyu-style castle that was rebuilt after World War II. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and offers stunning views of the city of Naha.
- Naminoue Beach: It is a beautiful beach located in the center of Naha. It offers a large number of water activities and is a popular place to enjoy the sun and the sea.
- Makishi Market: It is a traditional market located in the center of Naha. Here you can find a wide variety of local products, such as fruits, seafood, spices and other foods.
- Okinawa Peace Memorial Park: It is a memorial park dedicated to the victims of the Battle of Okinawa during World War II. It offers a moving and educational look at the history of the island and the war.
- Okinawa Peace Museum: It is a museum that presents the history of the Battle of Okinawa and the history of the island before and after the war. The museum includes interactive exhibits, videos, and historical artifacts.
- Okinawa Aquarium: It is one of the largest aquariums in Asia and is home to a wide variety of marine species, including sharks, rays and sea turtles.
- Miyako Island: It is an island near Okinawa that offers beautiful beaches, crystal clear waters and coral reefs. It is a popular place for water sports such as diving and snorkelling.
These are just some of the many interesting things you can see in Okinawa. The island offers a wealth of culture, history, and natural beauty, making it a popular tourist destination in Japan.
What can we know in Mount Fuji?
Mount Fuji is an iconic place in Japan, considered a national symbol and a pilgrimage site for many visitors. Here are some suggestions of things you can do and places you can visit in Mount Fuji:
- Climb to the top: Climbing Mount Fuji is a popular activity for visitors, especially during the climbing season from July to August. The summit offers impressive views of the surrounding landscape.
- Fuji Five Lakes: They are a group of lakes located near Mount Fuji that offer impressive views of the volcano and the surrounding landscape. Visitors can enjoy boating, hiking, and outdoor activities.
- Sengen Shrine: It is a historical shrine located at the base of Mount Fuji. It is a sacred place for the Japanese and offers a unique cultural experience.
- Mount Fuji Museum: It is a museum that presents the history and culture of Mount Fuji and the surrounding region. The museum includes interactive and educational exhibits on the geology, flora, and fauna of the area.
- Fuji-Q Highland: It is a theme park located near Mount Fuji. It offers a large number of exciting attractions, such as roller coasters, rides and activities for children.
- Onsen: The hot springs in the region are famous for their healing properties. There are several onsen (hot springs) near Mount Fuji that offer a relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
These are just a few of the many exciting things to do and places to visit on Mount Fuji. The region offers a unique combination of nature, culture, and history, making it a popular tourist destination in Japan.
Travel agencies in Japan
There are many travel agencies in Japan that can help you plan your trip and organize your itinerary. Here are some options for travel agencies in Japan:
- JTB (Japan Travel Bureau): It is one of the largest and best-known travel agencies in Japan, with offices throughout the country. It offers a wide variety of tourist packages, including city tours, group excursions and accommodation.
- HIS (Hankyu Travel International): It is another of the largest travel agencies in Japan, offering a wide variety of travel options, from tour packages to flights and accommodation.
- KNT (Kintetsu International): It is a travel agency specialized in trips to destinations in Asia, including Japan. It offers tour packages, accommodation and transportation services.
- InsideJapan Tours: It is a travel agency specializing in personalized tours of Japan. It offers themed tours, accommodation in ryokan (traditional inns) and expert local guides.
- Samurai Tours: It is a travel agency specialized in cultural and adventure tours in Japan. It offers customized tours and tour packages, with a focus on the traditional culture and history of Japan.
- Voyagin: It is an online travel agency that offers a wide variety of activities, tours and experiences throughout Japan. From bike rides to temple visits, it offers a wealth of options for planning your trip.
These are just some of the many travel agencies that you can find in Japan. Each offers its own features and benefits, so it's important to do your research and find the best option for you.
Recommendations for booking flights to Japan
Here are some recommendations for booking flights to Japan:
- Search in advance: It is recommended that you search and book your flights in advance to get the best prices. Flight prices can vary depending on the season and demand, so booking early will save you money.
- Use flight search engines: There are many online flight search engines that allow you to compare prices and options from different airlines. Some of the most popular include Google Flights, Skyscanner, and Kayak.
- Be flexible with dates: If you are flexible with your travel dates, you may find better prices. The days of the week and the season in which you travel can influence the price of the flight.
- Consider different airports: Flight prices may vary depending on the airport of arrival and departure. It is recommended that you consider different options and nearby airports to find the best price.
- Sign up for price alerts: Some flight search engines allow you to sign up for price alerts, which will notify you when the price of flights to Japan drops.
- Consider the option of flights with stopovers: Flights with stopovers can be cheaper than direct flights. Although they require a bit more time and effort, they can save you money.
- Review the cancellation and change policies: It is important that you review the airline's cancellation and change policies before booking your flight. In case you have to change your plans, it is important to have a flexible option.
I hope these recommendations are useful for booking your flights to Japan. Enjoy your trip!