Magical Village Taxco
Discover why Taxco is a Magic Village
Taxco, a charming town to know
The Magical Village of Taxco is located in the state of Guerrero, it is one of the main tourist destinations, rich in gastronomy, culture, traditions, very enriching history and that preserves its roots, achieving the designation as a Magical Village since 2002 by the Secretary of Tourism.
Its name means "place where the ball is played". Taking a tour of its cobbled streets is wonderful, admiring the colonial houses, and the white facades with brown roofs, whether day or night, Taxco is wonderful.
Among the main activities you can do in Taxco is to get on the cable car and thus be able to appreciate Taxco from above, from the cabin you can take panoramic photos of the entire Magical Town of Taxco.
Places to visit Taxco
- One of the main sites is the Parish of Santa Prisca, knowing its history, its legend, and admiring its architecture is wonderful.
- The William Spratling Museum is one of the most emblematic places in Taxco, its name is due to the American who founded the first silver jewelry workshop in Taxco, in 1931. The collection that you will find here is of pre-Hispanic art that he gathered during his lifetime. being able to find objects such as axolotl-shaped pendants, figures of acrobats, we cannot fail to mention that on the ground floor silver pieces designed by Spratling himself are exhibited.
One of the main attractions of the Magical Village of Taxco is silver, you cannot leave Taxco without acquiring some silver crafts in the various workshops that are located in the city, where you will find unique pieces designed by artisans who take days to elaborate. bracelets, pendants, necklaces, rings, among others.
One of the favorites is the iguana meat, the bean tamales and the barbecue, not forgetting the warrior-style pozole.
Places of Interest in Taxco
- Parish of Santa Prisca and San Sebastián (Parroquia de Santa Prisca y San Sebastián)
- Sanctuary of the Lord of Veracruz
- Cacahuamilpa caves (Grutas de Cacahuamilpa)
- Silver Market (Mercado de la plata)
- Viceroyalty Art Museum (Museo de Arte Virreinal)
- Chapel of the Holy Trinity (Capilla de la Santísima Trinidad)